Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Priority

From our trip in Seattle, up on the Spaceneedle! 

OK, I have pushed this post away from me long enough. Even though I haven't added anything here for quite some time, this space has been on my mind a bit! I am on vacation and I am noticing I am constantly living with the feeling that I am not getting everything done, that I have a constantly something that I haven't gotten too.... I am sure many people find themselves in this situation. What bothers me however, is when I feel like I am not doing any of my responsibilities to my own satisfaction because I am running from one task to the next. I want to learn to focus and concentrate on one task, do the project and then move on to the next one. This system never seems efficient to me and then I end up doing ten tasks at ones. However, I am noticing that if I concentrated on one thing at a time, I would get everything done more carefully and the way I really want it. ;)

Therefore, I am here to prioritize. As much as I would like to document our life here, especially that of the children, I have to admit that it takes me more away from the children, as my time with them is precious, as I am working full time and getting my Masters and have flute students.

I chose three areas in my life to focus on for now.

1. My meditation
2. My family
3. My job (building our school)

With all this said, I do hope that this little blog of mine will move up the priority list!

Writing all this down makes me feel better and I don't need to feel like I failed, although I didn't finish the project I set myself out to do. However, in the long run I hope this will help me to get more projects done!

No comments:

Post a Comment