Monday, February 18, 2013

39-44/365

Another week gone by. A good week, however! Lot's of playing, reading and studying.

Monday
After watching his Papa wear his top hat for the love celebration concert, Mateo had to try it on as well. He loves to make people love, and play. The more we can make life like a game the happier this boy is. Singing and story telling and creativity is a must for him. 

Tuesday
We are knitting at school. Sophia is knitting a bag for her recorder. I love that she still learns to do things with her hands. Such valuable lessons!

Wednesday
Playtime at school. I increased my hours at school, which means I am there when the students have play time, one of my favorite times. There is so much learning happening at play time and I am always amazed of how much more I get to know my students by watching them play. 


Thursday
Happy Valentine's Day! Thursdays are Mateo and my days. I pick him up from school and usually we have some time to do something he wants to do. Today it was climbing our fig tree. He asked me to take video's of him, so that he can explain to me how he gets up so high. 


Friday
First swim of the year! Yes, it was warm during the day. Warm enough to wear a t-shirt. Somehow my children thought it was warm enough to go in the pool. Ha! This is not the first time Sophia tried this, but I guess we have to repeat the experience once more. Sophia did jump in, and had a little bit of a chock of how cold it was! ;) Mateo only went on the first step and came quickly back out. A warm shower later and a wool socks and jacket everyone was warm again. 


Saturday

Now that Sophia is in fourth grade she gets a little bit of homework every week. As we seem to busy to do it during the week, I invited her to join me on my Saturday study time at the library. She was so happy. After getting her work done, she goes and gets books for her reading pleasure. After 4 hours, I said, I will call Theodore now to pick us up. She made a dissappointed face and said "I wish we could stay here all day." That is how much she loves reading. Since reading was not easy or enjoyable really as a child, I always hoped for my children to love reading. I couldn't love it more to see her read and enjoying her books. 

Sunday

Sophia has been reading all day. She is moving on from the Hardy boy series to the Warrior series. Reading, reading, reading. That is how she spends her favorite days. So at night, I just had to love her up and took a picture of the two of us. Her brother draws so much attention, whereas she won't, so I have to constantly remind myself to give her attention while she is quiet and reading and not just when I need something from her! 

No comments:

Post a Comment